National Device Bank: help your community get connected with refurbished devices
What is the National Device Bank?
There's 1.5 million tonnes of tech going to landfill every year, yet many digitally excluded people still lack access to their own device.
So Good Things Foundation created the National Device Bank to rehome devices. Donated devices are given a second life through refurbishment, before being distributed into communities through the National Digital Inclusion Network.
Network members can apply for these free refurbished devices to give to the people they support. This can include laptops, mobile phones and tablets.
Not yet a member but want to provide free devices to your community?
How does the National Device Bank work for Network members?
1. Disused devices like laptops, tablets, and phones are donated by trusted organisations of any size and sector.
2. These devices are securely collected, wiped, and refurbished by Good Things’ partner Reconome.
3. After refurbishment, devices are paired with free mobile data from the National Databank.
4. Devices are distributed in rounds to members of the Network based on the donations we receive - you must first apply for these devices.
5. Members in the Network give the devices to digitally excluded people in their community who are unable to access their own.
“This device has given me and other learners a new voice, new appreciation and new inspiration.”
- Shahana, device recipient
“25 women have received tablets. Most are young mothers with young children and migrants living in Temporary shared accommodation. Supporting them with a device has improved their quality of life.”
- 4MNet, National Digital Inclusion Network member
Provide refurbished devices to people in your community
Members of the National Digital Inclusion Network can apply for free refurbished devices to give to people in your community who can’t afford or access their own.
Paired with data from the National Databank, these devices will help your community access essential services, keep in touch with loved ones, build digital skills and stay up-to-date with our increasingly digital world.
Good Things Foundation is working hard to secure device donations for members of the National Digital Inclusion Network. Unfortunately we don't have any devices available right now. Check back soon or sign up to our newsletter to find out when we get more donations in!
Help people access devices
Good Things are working hard to secure more refurbished devices. Check back here or on your dashboard to find out when devices become available.
Not yet a Network member?
Join the National Digital Inclusion Network to access the National Device Bank.
Learn more about National Device Bank delivery
Take a look at these helpful resources
The impact of the National Device Bank
New to the UK with her children, Kobra's life was transformed by access to a free device
From asylum seeker to volunteer, Jonathan's life was changed with a laptop from the Device Bank